Is Telephone Screening going the way of the Fax Machine?. In today's fast paced life, increasing time restraints on both candidates, and hiring mangers has demanded the need for a more efficient, scalable and collaborative solution. The solution is On Demand Recorded Video Interviewing
The traditional telephone interview is fast going the way of the fax machine. It has always had limitations in the hiring process. However for the past 20 + years it has been the go to tool for recruiters and hiring managers in the candidate screening and hiring process.
In todays fast paced life, increasing time restraints on both candidates, and hiring mangers has demanded the need for a far more efficient, scalable and collaborative solution than the one that can be provided by generic telephone screening.
Problems with Telephone Interviews include:
- Investing time in candidates before you know they are going to be a good fit for your organisation
- Wasted Time Scheduling telephone interviews
- How many times have you had a ‘positive ‘ interview with a candidate on the telephone only to find out that they will not be a good match when you meet them face-face
- Unless you are working for a global household brand, a telephone interview and poor candidate experience can dilute and be detrimental to your employer brand right at the beginning of the hiring process.
- Hard to differentiate candidates performance during a telephone interview , particularly with high volume recruitment roles.
Due to the fact that it suffers from the same time and scalability constraints as phone screening, even live video interviewing has its limitations.
These factors slow the hiring process, gives a poor perception of the company’s employer brand, and causes frustration for candidates. Companies are learning and implementing new strategies to source, interview and hire top talent. One of the key factors is speed. Sourcing, Interviewing, Offer stage and securing todays best candidates requires a speedy, strong employer branding hiring process.
Are you finding that In most sectors, strong candidates are often already at the ‘Offer Stage’ with competitor companies, while recruiters and Talent Acquisition teams are still struggling to schedule generic telephone interviews. This is why the hiring cycle and time spent is a key driver for recruiters and HR Teams.
.Is Video Interviewing the Solution?
Like many technological and social advances that change our lives, only those who have already used video interviewing can truly comprehend how much of a game changer it is in recruitment. HR Divisions that have already replaced phone screening with On Demand Recorded video interviewing has completely changed the way they work forever.
Download the free White Paper to watch the Testimonial videos and to see how Video Interviewing is solving the problems associated with Telephone Interviewing.